I’m super excited to sign up to take part in the 2015 British Books Challenge. For such a wee country, we certainly pack a literary punch and I’m really proud to get involved in show-casing UK talent across any and all genres.
The challenge is to read at least one book written by a UK author per month – therefore a minimum of twelve across 2015 – but I certainly hope to exceed that!
A by no means exhaustive list of some of the novels I hope to read:
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
- The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- Lobsters by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
- The Darkest Hour by Barbara Erskine
- The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman
- From Whitechapel by Melanie Clegg
- Half-Wild by Sally Green
- The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick
- Unwoven by Jack Croxall
- The Year of the Rat by Claire Furniss
- How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran
- The #LoveLondon series by Nikki Moore
- and whatever takes my fancy, including offerings from my Brit colleagues over at HarperImpulse.
Happy Reading! 🙂